My foray into Silver Wheaton (SLW) has been beneficial. In just a short week, I was able to take 25% off the table late last week for a double digit gain. Today said stock is up another 4% and my gains in a under a week and a half now hug nearly 20%. Don't try to annualize that at home - your eyes might pop out. My only mistake was not to put 25% of the portfolio into such a fine stock.
The company reports tonight, so I'm taking half of what remains off the table here to lock in another win, in a market that is making every long only fund manager look genius. We're all Peter Lynch now.
(The only disappointment is the Monday morning melt up has failed for only the 5th? 6th? instance in the past however many months)
Long Silver Wheaton in fund; no personal position
Monday, November 8, 2010
Bookkeeping: Selling Another 50% of Silver Wheaton (SLW) Ahead of Earnings
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows