I can't find any specific news for this breakout... unless Hewlett Packard is being rumored to be entering the Brazilian housing market (hey why not?)
Gafisa (GFA) gapped up and now has broken over its recent base - a bit like Las Vegas Sands (LVS) a few weeks ago but with a gap up to boot. In a benign market this would be one to chase - just very difficult to do so in such an extended market.
If anyone sees any news feel free to drop a comment; it could be an entire sector move of Brazilian homebuilders but since this is the only one to trade in the U.S. difficult to tell.
Long Gafisa and Las Vegas Sands in fund; no personal position
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows