I know some readers made some well timed purchases of Atheros Communications (ATHR) a few weeks ago near the lows but unless you quickly flipped it right out, it's now again a loss. While I've dumped most of my stocks with 'bad charts' I decided to keep my 0.4% allocation in the stock to keep an eye on it as a holding position, because I really like where this company is positioned. But the action is saying something else. I might have to throw in the towel here soon despite my favoritism for the company and one of the best earnings report of the entire tech sector in April [Apr 20, 2010: Atheros Communications Trounces Q1 2010 Estimates] - each time it rallies since early May it has only been a selling opportunity. It makes me wonder if some sort of earnings miss or guidance disappointment is headed our way. I am in awe as this company trades at about 12x forward estimates when similar companies are trading at 25-35x.
If the stock cannot hold here and make a double bottom, it looks destined to head even lower.
[Jan 25, 2010: Atheros Communications Crushes Estimates]
[Oct 20, 2009: Atheros Communications Trounces Estimates, Raises Guidance]
[Sep 10, 2009: Bookkeeping - Starting Atheros Communications]
Long Atheros Communications in fund; no personal position
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Atheros Communications (ATHR) Bewilders Me
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows