CNBC touted Pippa Malmgren as "Europe's Meredith Whitney" but to be blunt Meredith is a banking sector analyst (who was made famous by some great calls within that sector) whereas Malmgren seems like she has a much broader point of views. Further getting insight from non US based minds is always educational.
While the US is currently facing more deflationary issues than inflationary, [Mar 4, 2010: U.S. Still Seems More Apt for Deflation than Inflation] Malmgren makes some interesting comments (in some ways not too different than Jim Rogers or Marc Faber) and effectively says the cat is out of the bag in the rest of the world, as they watch America's leadership. Watch what we do, not what we say - inflating our debt away is the play.
6 minute video, email readers will need to come to site to view
Some background on Malmgren
Dr. Philippa Malmgren is the President and founder of the Canonbury Group and Principalis Asset Management, financial firms based in London. In short, she helps fund managers better understand how politics, policy and geopolitics will impact the financial markets. Investors use her insights to manage their portfolios more profitably. Her clients include many investment banks, fund managers and hedge funds as well as Sovereign Wealth Funds, pension funds and corporations.
Friday, March 12, 2010
[Video] Pippa Malmgren Tells us what Foreigners Think America's End Game Is
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows