Well what can you say, for a 3 year old company to be valued near $20B is one amazing thing. Keep in mind Google (GOOG) made an offer for Groupon (GRPN) at approx. $6B just over a year ago. This is another tiny float winner, with less than 5% of shares available to the public and the feeding frenzy has moved the stock price from an offering of $20 (which valued the company at $12.7B) to an open
With many of its business metrics already slowing, my bet is Groupon is going to be the short of the year in about 24-36 months. But we need to see a lot of shares come unlocked before any form of reasonable market can be made in the stock. Of course 24 months might as well be the year 2087 for a stock market where 'long term' = next week.
EDIT 10:56 AM - Now a >50% pop, at over $30 a share....
Meanwhile back in the real world, Italian 10 year yields just hit 6.4%.....
Friday, November 4, 2011
Groupon (GRPN) Comes Public Near $20B Valuation
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows