Usually the 200 day simple and exponential moving averages don't have such a wide variance but we have a nearly 40 point difference between the two right now. I usually focus on the exponential (there is no 'right' or 'wrong' one to use), but since it has an impact on the current situation let me highlight the 200 day simple moving average up here at 1275.
Obviously coming into the week nearly overbought, we are now there.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Right Up Against the 200 Day Simple Moving Average
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows