Last Friday, Jon Hilsenrath reported in the WSJ the Fed is considering more purchases of mortgage backed securities. Between Friday and Tuesday there have been two Fed officials who have mentioned more purchases of assets as a potential next step. Yesterday, we saw some very interesting action in gold and oil even as it was a "risk off" day. Are we beginning a new run of commodity inflation as The Bernank prepares to dump more fiat dollars onto the globe? It sure is interesting to see both these commodities 'break out'.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Are Gold (GLD) and Oil Signaling QE3 Coming?
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows