With Greece and Ireland in economic shreds, while Portugal, Spain, and perhaps even Italy head south, only one nation can save Europe from financial Armageddon: a highly reluctant Germany. The ironies—like the fact that bankers from Düsseldorf were the ultimate patsies in Wall Street’s con game—pile up quickly as Michael Lewis investigates German attitudes toward money, excrement, and the country’s Nazi past, all of which help explain its peculiar new status.
Some older Lewis here...
- [Feb 1, 2011: [Video] CNBC - Michael Lewis on Ireland and his new Vanity Fair article]
- [Jun 1, 2010: NYT - Michael Lewis Op-Ed on America's Financial Reform, plus Audio Interview]
- [Mar 15, 2010: [Video] 60 Minutes- Michael Lewis, Inside the Collapse]
- [Jun 14, 2009: Fareed Zakaria with Michael Lewis]
- [Jan 5, 2009: New York Times Opinion Piece by Lewis and Einhorn]