Gold is down for the first time in 7 sessions (I'm using the ETF for charting purposes). Lots of attention yesterday and this morning on non financial news networks I was skimming. As mentioned yesterday the gold ETF was incredibly overbought and since early July, GLD has always bottomed at or above the 10 day moving average. At this point, this is nothing but a much needed back and fill... frankly this can get all the way back down to the 50 day moving average without doing a lick of long term technical damage. I'd expect whatever is said Friday to be the next catalyst - up or down.
As for the S&P 500, we remain in that 1120-1175 range. 1120ish has been a very strong floor the past few weeks.
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows