The market is obviously acting poorly, and 1262 has now been taken out. The next stop would be the intraday low of March (Japan selloff) of 1250. While the % loss today is small, its debilitating to the types who have been serial bottom calling and trying to catch bottoms, so the psychological damage is actually much more than it appears on the surface.
As always the close is more important than the intraday action but the market has been closing weak for much of the past few weeks. Chances are good, barring strange action tomorrow, we'll have only the 4th seven week losing streak in the past 40 years.
Still looking for that high volume "tossing in the towel action" - but the lower we go, the better we set up for a more reliable intermediate bounce.
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows