Quite interesting slideshow on CNNMoney.com showcasing different people and their views on the debt they incurred to gain their college degree. I think this topic is only just beginning to hit the national limelight and should be growing ever more prevalent as our universities continue to offer 5-10% annual cost increases, while wages stagnate for the great middle in America.
Go here for slideshow.
[Jun 2, 2011: [Video] Peter Thiel Offers $100,000 for Some Bright Minds Not to Go to College]
[May 20, 2011: NYT - Nearly 50% of 2009 College Graduates are Either Jobless, or Working in Degrees that Don't Require a College Degree]
[Feb 7, 2011: BW - The Youth Unemployment Bomb]
[Dec 21, 2010: Video - CNBC, the Price of Admission - America's College Debt Crisis]
[Dec 14, 2008: WSJ - K-12 Schools Slashing Costs, College Bills Wallup Families]
[Dec 5, 2008: NYT - College May Become Unaffordable for Most in US]
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows