One of my buds on twitter just mentioned Apple (AAPL) broke below the 200 day moving average for the first time in a few years. Technically it is half right - the 200 day simple moving average is $325.50, while the 200 day exponential is $320.50ish. So still above the latter (which I use) but now firmly below the former (which many others use) by a good $3.50.
[click to enlarge]
This is the first time in over 2 years that has happened. Obviously this is the de facto 'bell weather" stock.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Apple (AAPL) Breaks Below 200 Day Simple Moving Average for First Time Since April 2009
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows