(for those new to these reports, above 50 = expansion, below 50 = contraction)
On the plus side... the slowdown in many economic figures the past 8 weeks sets us up well for QE3! Booyah!
Full report here.
WHAT RESPONDENTS ARE SAYING ...
- "Business conditions [remain] unchanged. No supply impact from the Japan earthquake/tsunami, but continue to track with the supply base." (Management of Companies & Support Services)
- "Revenues are picking up slowly, but the growth is positive as compared to last month and the same month last year." (Real Estate, Rental & Leasing)
- "Looking forward with reserved caution. Cost of goods by this fall are a big worry." (Accommodation & Food Services)
- "Continuing economic uncertainty will curtail or delay project spending for the immediate future." (Educational Services)
- "Fuel prices continue to be challenging and in addition to shipping, are influencing the cost of materials." (Public Administration)
- "We are seeing price increases in many areas, and the lead times are stretching out. Our business activities are improving at a moderate rate." (Wholesale Trade)
|ISM NON-MANUFACTURING SURVEY RESULTS AT A GLANCE |
COMPARISON OF ISM NON-MANUFACTURING AND ISM MANUFACTURING SURVEYS*
|Backlog of Orders||55.5||56.0||-0.5||Growing||Slower||4||61.0||52.5||+8.5|
|New Export Orders||53.5||59.0||-5.5||Growing||Slower||8||62.0||56.0||+6.0|
|Inventory Sentiment||57.5||67.0||-9.5||Too High||Slower||167||N/A||N/A||N/A|