Apple is the dominant being in most tech oriented indexes and many ETFs so the big (for it) move of nearly 3% is helping to push this market up. The NASDAQ is leading all indexes here at the close of the day with a +1.2% gain.
It has been a rough month and a half for Apple, so one wonders if this is some tape painting to end the month.
Another day when a slew of poor economic data means nothing, and a weak dollar means everything.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Apple (AAPL) Strength Helping a Lot of Indexes Today
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows