An excellent purchase for CAT as the world's governing bodies apparently are going to let the mega companies buy all the small fish so that in 10 years only 25 mega cap companies exist...each an oligopoly. About a 33% premium.
Have owned Bucyrus many times over the years....all CAT needs to buy now is Joy Global
Ironically the main customers for the CATs and BUCYs of the world are the mining giants...already a near oligopoly of BHP, RTP and VALE.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Merger Monday! Caterpillar (CAT) Buys Bucyrus (BUCY)
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows