Well, thus far QE2 is a dud... 0 for 3. NY Governor Dudley again explicitly said they are manipulating markets... where in the Fed charter is that? In so many words ... we are taking $600B of Treasuries out of the marketplace, and with that money people can go into riskier assets.
Wow... just wow.
And when those risk assets blow up and conservative investors who are were in bonds are taken to the cleaners? Oh well... the Fed is just doing its just creating bubbles every 5-6 years (or in this case 2-3)
Anyhow, I said last Thursday when I bought Men's Warehouse (MW), my purchase of such a company - with little revenue growth, negative same store sales, and based only on a chart was a mark of a top. The "Men's Warehouse top".
I have one stock up in the portfolio today. The name?
Long Men's Warehouse; and a Congressional move to limit the Fed's mandate to price stability and nothing else; no personal position
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows