Just remarkable to see a $175B solid - but slow growth - company break out like this. Since the DJIA is price weighted unlike any other index, the higher the stock price the more impact... and IBM has the most effect on the average of the 30 components - by a long shot. Rather than a 3.33% impact, it is nearly 10%. (for comparison, a stock many consider a reflection of the entire U.S. economy - General Electric - only has a 1.2% weighting due to its low stock price).
This stock is unstoppable right now and I continue to catch myself saying "wow" "can't believe it" "amazing" etc.
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows