Each time I buy something new, or take a loss in a short my thought process is this is the move that finally the market will observe and then reverse. I have been saying that for 3 weeks now however, and have been wrong each time. So here is another in the litany.
I am closing the horrendous iPath S&P 500 VIX (VXX) position; normally I keep my losses contained but I let this one reach 17%. There is no worry in the market, absolute complacency so the VIX is falling, and this instrument does awful in that environment.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Bookkeeping: Closing iPath S&P 500 VIX (VXX)
iPath SP500 VIX|
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows