Power-One (PWER) is taking a serious haircut of about 10% today (was worse earlier), for no obvious reason. All I see today is a new TheStreet.com article noting the name has gotten on the screen of short sellers, and an analyst giving us excellent views such as "as long as it stays over $10 it's ok." Now that's the value add only a CFA can offer.
Intraday the stock has touched as low as the worst of August and now has bounced back to the 50 day moving average. It will be interesting to see what it does from here. If a break of $9.50 occurs on a closing basis, the technical condition won't be good. Ironic considering the relative "cheapness" of the stock but unfortunately Power-One is not a cloud computing play... because then it would instantly be valued at 3x the valuation.
Long Power-One in fund; no personal position
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows