I am trying against with Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) after I was stopped out in the past week for a 4% loss. It has now moved up to even stronger resistance areas. Of course I need the broader market to help me out. I put a 2.1% allocation on.
Whirpool (WHR) is a name I battled with in spring 2009, and I was hammered as QE1 crushed all shorts. I will try again - this is actually a high beta name for such a staid company... a lot of volatility. Just today it has traded in a $4+ range. I was considering this yesterday at $80 area but with the S&P over 1131, I did not want to press any shorts. I'll begin a stake today around $77 but make the position a bit smaller at 1.6% exposure, and look to add some on a move up closer to $80 if the broader market can stay subdued.
Short both mentioned in fund; no personal position
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Bookkeeping: Short Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) and Whirpool (WHR)
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows