Indian financial HDFC Bank (HDB) is now our oldest holding as I have never sold it out of the portfolio since switching to Investopedia.com for tracking purposes in Jan 2009. That said, I sometimes neglect it and have not touched it since June as its valuation has been extreme. It is now at 30x FORWARD PE ... for a bank. Yes a dominant bank in a fast growing country but still...
Whatever the case, I am using today's jump to sell almost all remaining shares; keeping only 0.1% exposure. I guess I'll try to buy back at a bargain price of say 27x forward PE.
Long HDFC Bank in fund; no personal position
Monday, September 13, 2010
Bookkeeping: Selling Almost All Remaining HDFC Bank (HDB)
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows