I need some turbo charge to make up for a weak 2 weeks, so I am going under the theory S&P 1131 will hold and have bought some SPY calls (SPY Oct 114 calls) as we test the lower end of this range. My goal is maybe 10-15 S&P points if and when.... if the S&P 500 breaks below 1129ish, I will sell no questions asked. About a 3.3% allocation.
Looks like the index is in a 19 point range waiting to decide which way it is going to break (1131 at bottom, 1150 at top) Rather than caring which way we break out, I just want to see the S&P 500 trade towards the top end of the range at which point I could book some nice profits.
Long SPY Oct 114 Calls in fund; no personal position
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Bookkeeping: Long SPY Calls Off S&P Support Levels
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows