Salesforce.com (CRM) will be reporting today, and I want little to do with stocks trading at these sort of valuations going into an earnings report. While always cautious going into any earnings report, as the bipolar lemming action is nothing but annoying - when valuations are of this level [Jul 2, 2008: Does Valuation Matter?], the company has to be almost perfect in ticking every box to keep the momentum going. I expect a good report but the question will always be is it good enough versus market expectations.
I will be selling 2/3rds of the fund position first thing this morning, and take this down to a 0.65% exposure.
salesforce.com, inc. provides customer and collaboration relationship management (CRM) services to businesses and industries worldwide. The company also offers a technology platform for customers and developers to build and run business applications.
[Jun 23, 2010: [Video] Salesforce.com CEO on 'Mad Money']
[Jun 8, 2010: Bookkeeping - Starting Salesforce.com]
Long Salesforce.com in fund; no personal position
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Bookkeeping: Cutting Salesforce.com (CRM) 2/3rds Ahead of Earnings
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows