Today is a very strange day - very little in my portfolio is up materially and aside from commodities a lot of stocks in my watch lists, while green, are not up tremendously. I am not sure where the 'action' is today outside of commodities (and to a lesser degree financials); but something is taking the indexes up 2% so it must be groups I don't traditionally spend time in. I do see auto suppliers (which I highlighted Friday) flying.
Scanning the earnings schedule, Priceline.com (PCLN) is set to report tomorrow; to avoid any chance of getting Vistaprinted I am going to sell down my exposure from 1.9% to 0.6%, taking some modest gains. This company usually always plays the Wall Street game of under promise and over deliver so we'll see if they can do it again.
Long Priceline.com in fund; no personal position
Monday, August 2, 2010
Bookkeeping: Cutting Priceline.com (PCLN) Ahead of Earnings
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows