If you recall Energizer (ENR) was an 'accidental' short as it was an outstanding short limit order placed quite a bit lower but triggered almost exactly at $60.00 on a gap up. Since this is not the type of chart I like to short, I was thinking about covering it yesterday for a small gain but decided to wait to see how it acts in a more negative tape.
Well as they say... it keeps going... and going... and going.
Not much of a hedge as it is actually up in a -1% market. I was hoping for at least a drop to the 200 day moving average... not so much.
So I will cover this for "flat" as the S&P 500 sits above multiple support lines in exponential moving average world in the 1093/1094 area. If those break, than perhaps ENR will break down but obviously this stock has moved into favor after its earning report.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Bookkeeping: Covering Energizer (ENR) Short
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows