When high beta stocks do not rally strongly on a +3% day, it makes me worried. The warning by peer Blue Coat Systems (BCSI) in late May seems to have deflated Riverbed Technology (RVBD). This type of name should be up 4-5% on a day like today. With a chart that is ho hum, I am going to sell the last 0.4% for a 8% loss and continue to cull weaker longs and look to roll into stronger names. Such as my 80x forward estimates Salesforce.com (CRM) which is rocking and rolling and looking to go to 100x earnings. Boo yah.
A lot of these positions I am selling of late are small exposure since I cut them back when they broke support in the past 4-6 weeks and I've been waiting to see how they react during strong days. The ones who are lagging are worthy to be cut.
Long Salesforce.com in fund; no personal position
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Bookkeeping: Closing Riverbed Technology (RVBD)
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows