I am selling 1/5th of Atheros Communications (ATHR) around $43.27 as the stock is up about 9% today. Why? Because I can.
If you are a momo chaser you should be doing the exact opposite of what I am doing and shaking down your broker for shares, as many as possible. Because stocks only go up; no on gets hurt buying stocks up 10% in a day... or 30% in a month... or 50%+ in 2 months. The Bernanke Forcefield protects us all from market forces...unless those forces push us upward. Then they are allowed. This gap won't be filled until 2014. Or when Larry Summers allows it.
If I'm lucky F5 Networks (FFIV) will do the exact same thing tomorrow. Frankly I am surprised the earnings report generated this much of a response but whatever, it's 1999 v2.0.
I'll sell another 1/5th every $15 until we reach $100. (which I estimate to be late June 2010, or sooner)
Long both names mentioned in fund; no personal position
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Bookkeeping: Selling 1/5th Atheros Communications (ATHR)
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows