One of the few talking heads on CNBC who actually seems to break it down like it is, in unvarnished reality is Institutional Risk Analytics' Chris Whalen. Joining him in this video is the sometimes controversial veteran banking analyst Dick Bove. The takeaway from both men is quite simple - the regulator who completely missed the boat (the Fed) is receiving even more power after this financial 'reform' passes, and it's more or less business as usual for the industry although Bove does think consumer lending profits might be hit somewhat.
10 minute video - email readers will need to come to site to view.
Monday, March 15, 2010
[Video] Chris Whalen and Dick Bove Discuss Who the Real Winners are in "Financial Reform"
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows