While everyone is focused on Cisco Systems (CSCO) when it comes to "networking"
... there is fantastic action happening in the small to mid size networking space - a few of these we own, a few I wish I had pulled the trigger on earlier. Most are extremely extended on the chart but I could of said that a week ago (indeed I did) and they keep running. Obviously HAL9000 likes this space lately.....
Juniper Networks (JNPR)
F5 Networks (FFIV)
Riverdbed Technology (RVBD)
TriQuint Semiconductor (TQNT) [ok technically not a 'networking' play]
And for those of you who were around about a decade ago... our old friend JDS Uniphase (JDSU) aka the stock every cab driver and barber in America once owned, is looking all 1999 again. Wow.
I am not sure how much longer these can run, since they are not even within a whiff of their 20 day moving averages anymore... but it is impressive action.
Long F5 Networks, TriQuint Semiconductor in fund, no personal position
Monday, March 1, 2010
Fantastic Action in the Small to Mid Cap Networking Space
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows