This short lasted longer than I imagined considering the market action... the irony is the first day in 2 weeks the S&P finally opens in the red, one of my shorts gets taken away. Oh mother market - you are so cruel. Greenhill & Co (GHL) jumped over my stop loss of $78.20 (entry was $76.50) so I will take the 2.2% loss on the position that began a week ago Wednesday and exit. I don't see any particular news for the move but perhaps there was a broker upgrade.
If the stock can hold $78 or so, it now flips to a quite attractive long opportunity.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Bookkeeping: Stopped Out of Greenhill & Co (GHL) Short
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows