With the caveat that time is short, with an earnings report next week (the 25th) I am adding a 1% exposure in the low $35s to Atheros Communication (ATHR) as this is my favorite chart set up - a chart in excellent uptrend which has pulled back slowly to a first level support level. (20 day moving average)
The inability to make a new intermediate high go forward (if and when) would be an inssue - but we also have the issue of earnings. In normal times I'd simply place as top loss somewhere just under $34 to protect the recent addition, but we'll be cutting back - if this new part of the trade works or not - ahead of earnings.
Either way, I'll place a stop loss for a good portion of the position below recent lows (just below $34) because if that level falters the stock could revisit the 50 day moving average in the lower $32s.
Long Atheros Communication in fund; no personal position
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Bookkeeping: Adding to Atheros Communication (ATHR)
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows