First glance at Atheros Communications' (ATHR) earnings report is stellar - but it doesn't matter since Apple (AAPL) is out tonight and the whole world revolves around this (most excellent) company. ATHR down in after hours :) "sell the news"
Revenue $185.7M, EPS $0.64 (non-GAAP)
Analysts $174.7M, EPS $0.53 (non-GAAP)
Revenue up 19% sequentially, and 89% year over year
Gross margins up almost 2% versus previous quarter, and 1% year over year
Operating margins a fantastic 23.4% of revenue, v 19.4% previous quarter, and 7.6% a year ago.
No guidance in report
As I said earlier in the day, high expectations but they delivered. If not for a shady market, we'd definitely get everything we sold the past 7 days back first thing tomorrow. But right now stocks are a slave to the general market and babies are being tossed with bathwater. We'll see how the next few days play out - fundamentally, we could not ask for more.
Long Atheros Communication in fund; no personal position
Monday, January 25, 2010
Atheros Communications (ATHR) Crushes Estimates
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows