Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bookkeeping: Cutting (BIDU) on Gap Up

After so much hemorrhaging the past week and a half I am going to take profits when offered and with (BIDU) up nearly 17% I am going to cut most of the position and wait for a pullback. If no pullback, that is fine - I am harvesting cash as I wait out this worst of breed rally. If you haven't noticed this is not a buy and hold market... that said, stocks that have gapped up like this have a tendency to run, but in terms of portfolio management and desire to raise cash until I can figure out this "new paradigm" of selling stocks that beat earnings and buying stocks that miss, I am culling winners. Any market led by junk is not a market I trust.

Selling in the $337s and bringing down from 0.7% stake to 0.1% stake. If we are fortunate to get that gap filled around $300, which is 11% down from here, we'll get this stake back.

[, - Party Like It's 1999?]

Long in fund; no personal position

Disclaimer: The opinions listed on this blog are for educational purpose only. You should do your own research before making any decisions.
This blog, its affiliates, partners or authors are not responsible or liable for any misstatements and/or losses you might sustain from the content provided.

Copyright @2012