While I believe the fundamentals do support this move, the charts for the fertilizer stocks are now reaching parabolic stage, after massive moves last week [71 Stocks Returning 7%+ Last Week] so I am going to continue to reduce my exposure and await a pullback (let me emphasize many traders on Wall Street buy charts like this, not SELL - they love buying 52 week highs so I am taking a contrary stance). These moves in Potash (POT) and Mosaic (MOS) and CF Industries (CF) have been breathtaking (along with another 4-5 fertilizer stocks I follow which I do not have in the portfolio). I am cutting back on all 3. That doesn't mean they cannot go up another 30% straight from here. It is just getting a bit too hot and heavy for my taste and I can see a line of lemmings about 7 miles long to pile into these names at this point. Potash does report next week...
My Ultrashort Basic Materials (SMN) "Insurance" is whacking the portfolio today but as I said when I bought it... if its hurting me, that means the rest of my portfolio should be doing well.
Long all names mentioned in fund; long Mosiac, Ultrashort Basic Materials in personal account
Best Of FMMF
- 1: Warren Buffet Piles on Europe
- 2: [Video] Jim Chanos Returns from Europe, Even More Bearish on China
- 3: A Chart to Open Our Eyes - Staggering Changes by Multinationals in Employment Behavior 00s vs 90s
- 4: Futures Blasted on Dexia Woes... and Poor Preliminary China Data
- 5: Market Working to Worst Thanksgiving Since 1932
- 6: Et Tu, German Bonds? Poor Auction Raises Eyebrows